People have been asking what they can do to help with the 5G-Free New Zealand campaign.
Below you can find a list of action items for your consideration:
We appreciate your interest in the 5G issue and any support you are able to offer to the campaign.
If you are on Facebook, please like and follow the 5G-Free New Zealand Facebook page:
The Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/5GFreeNewZealand/ ) is regularly updated with high quality articles and videos and news about 5G. If you are on Facebook please let and follow it.
Please educate yourself about 5G and share information with family and friends
If you are FB, please follow our FB page https://www.facebook.com/5GFreeNewZealand/ because this is the easiest way for us to give you updates on the 5G issue.
Please join the 5G-Free New Zealand email list
If you would like to join the list for an email nwsletter that covers the 5G issue, please go to the following link: https://www.5g.org.nz/newsletter/
Below is a list of basic steps that you may like to take to help with the campaign:
Sign the petitions
- Sign the petition started by Jennie Brown at this link: https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/petitions/document/PET_91620/petition-of-jennie-brown-stop-5g-until-independent-testing
- Sign the petition started by Lisa Er calling for a moratorium on 5G at the following link: https://www.toko.org.nz/petitions/precautionary-principle-for-5g-in-aotearoa-1
- Sign the petition started by Anahera Oteika against 5G in NZ at this link: https://www.change.org/p/eugenie-sage-i-do-not-consent-to-5g-radiation
- The most important international petition is the 5G Space Appeal and you can read the appeal at the following link https://www.5gspaceappeal.org/the-appeal and sign it at this link: https://www.5gspaceappeal.org/sign-individual
- Share links from www.5G.org.nz with family, friends, colleagues etc. These three may be particularly useful links to share as they introduce the problems with 5G and give an overview of the 5G system that the telecommunications companies want to introduce to NZ. https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/03/21/5g-in-5-minutes/, https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/08/17/basic-info/ and https://www.5g.org.nz/2018/10/11/facts-about-5g-in-nz/
- Please join the boycott the companies that want to force 5G into our communities by choosing an alternative telecommunications company. There is information to help you find a suitable alternative to Spark, Vodafone and 2Degrees (and their subsidiaries) at the following link: https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/08/23/boycott-5g/
- There are Boycott 5G bumper stickers that you can use to show your support for the boycott by sticking one to your car, bike, letter box etc. and details about these are at this link: https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/09/16/boycott-5g-bumper-stickers-available-now/) NB: There is a print-your-own sticker option available.
Prioritise the use of safe, hardwired phones and internet connections for your home and business
Connecting to the internet with inexpensive ethernet cables and using a phone with a cord whenever possible helps to protect your health and is better for the environment (as using hardwired data transmission is more energy efficient plus using the copper or fibre system also helps to reduce the proliferation of cellular phone towers).
There is information about different telecommunications choices at this link: https://www.5g.org.nz/safer-technology/
Write to MPs and other elected representatives
If you would like to write to your MP and/or the Prime Minister or other relevant Ministers, you will find their contact details here: http://www.haveyoursay.nz/#/ There is a template letter that you can use as a basis for your own letter at the following link: https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/08/18/letter-to-mps/
If you would like to send a notice to let your MP (or government ministers) know that you DO NOT consent to 5G, there is a template that you can use at the following link: https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/09/10/5g-red-card-putting-elected-officials-on-notice/
Join a Stop 5G or 5G-Free New Zealand group in your area
If you would like to join a group in your area that is working on the 5G issue, you will find local groups listed on this link: https://www.5g.org.nz/2019/08/17/local-groups-working-on-the-5g-issue/
If you would like to take on a local leadership role in your area, please contact us via the Contact Form at this link and more information can be sent to you.
Leaflet your area
If you would like to leaflet your area, you will find a variety of printable leaflets (including a leaflet in Te Reo, Tongan and Simplified Chinese) at this link: https://www.5g.org.nz/resources/ (NB: If you do plan to leaflet, please let us know which area so that we can ensure that you are not going to be duplicating someone else’s work.) (Thank you to the volunteers who have helped with translation – if you are bilingual and would like to volunteer with translations please email via this link: https://www.5g.org.nz/contact/ )
More suggestions are available here:
You may download the 5G Free New Zealand Personal Action Plan from this link https://www.5g.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/5G-Free-New-Zealand-Personal-Action-Plan.pdf and take whatever actions on this list are achievable for you.
Many thanks from all of us who share the vision of a 5G Free New Zealand.
Website editor’s note:
Thank you for reading this post on www.5G.org.nz, NZ’s 5G information website. If you found it to be interesting, please share it with your friends and family.
If you are on Facebook, please also check out the 5G Free New Zealand FB page at the following link as this is the best way to stay up-to- date with 5G related news: https://www.facebook.com/5GFreeNewZealand/
If you would like to help in any way with the campaign against 5G in NZ, please email through the Contact Form on this website.
We now also have an Events Page in which events relating to 5G will be listed as information comes to hand.
If you would like to stay up to date with information on what is happening in NZ in relation to smart technology, 5G and wireless and health issues, please visit www.stopsmartmeters.org.nz and email through the contact form and ask to be signed up to the free email list.
This will mean that you receive occasional newsletters from Stop Smart Meters NZ which include information on 5G as well as smart meters and related wireless technologies.